Thursday, November 5, 2009

Get this message



We live in a college town. It is interesting to observe the students as I sit at the stop signs and watch them cross the street in front of my car. I am always amused at how many people have their heads down and are so engrossed in "text-ing" that they don't even look up before they cross the street. True, pedestrians do have the right-of-way on a cross walk, but sometimes a car is already crossing the street and they will walk out two feet in front of the car without even knowing it!
Up to this point in my life, I have yet to hit a pedestrian on foot. I have hit one on a bike before, but there were no injuries sustained and it was in high school (sorry mom, never told you about that one!) But as far as I'm concerned, if you can't even look up from a text to save your own life, you might have your priorities a little mixed up.

No comments: