Saturday, November 21, 2009

EPIPHANY


Recently I have been pondering my aversion to doing the dishes. Actually, it's more than an aversion. I HATE it. I always feel better when they are done, and to be completely honest, my day runs more smoothly when I don't have to use coffee filters as plates and empty peanut butter jars for cups. But I think I have come to an important (although illogical) connection in my brain.
When I create things, whether it be food, or an art project, or what have you, I leave a trail of mess and disorder in my wake. So I've always associated chaos with creativity. As I was cleaning the other day I realized I was CREATING order and a peaceful environment in my home. For once cleanliness equaled creativity! I was so excited to have had this moment of revelation because all of a sudden I don't swear the entire time I'm washing dishes. I do have to chant "I am creating order" the whole time, but it's working. I'm making new pathways in my brain for positive thinking.

4 comments:

Tanners said...

yea!!!!!!!!!!! your so smart!!

Amy said...

have i told you lately, that i love you?

Anonymous said...

flylady.com rocks.

Alli said...

Whatever gets the job done - right?