Monday, November 16, 2009

the early bird gets whatever it wants



So this morning I was just a little slow on the go. Ok...I laid on the couch until 8am leaving fifteen minutes to get everyone ready and out the door to school. While I was "resting", Leah decided to be helpful and pack her own lunch. She used a brown paper bag instead of her lunchbox. She commented to me that her lunch was so full, she had to tape it shut. That peaked my interest and so I asked her to show me what she had packed for lunch.

She opened the bag and pulled out a honey sandwich, a tupperware container filled with sugar and cinnamon (followed by a shocked look and an exclamation of, "How did that get in there?!") a chocolate granola bar, two hand fulls of frosted animal crackers neatly wrapped in a paper towel and taped shut, and five pieces of Halloween candy.

I realize this has only slightly less nutritional value than the lunches served at school, but still...as a parent I had to regulate. So out went the sugar and cinnamon, out went the frosted animal crackers and out went the Halloween candy. In went some celery and an apple. I can guess where those ended up, but at least I tried. Right?

2 comments:

Laney said...

You have SUCH a cute family!!

Debra said...

Good job, Mom!