Saturday, January 31, 2009

O Danny Boy



I would like to reflect for a moment on my favorite cashier at Ware-Mart, Dan. Dan is Buddy the Elf, without the elf suit. He is SO happy all the time. I always go through his line when I'm in a good mood because I'm sure to be laughing by the time I leave. I will go to any other line, even if it's longer, when I'm in a bad mood because his cheerfulness makes me want to punch him in his glittering white teeth. But really, what is it that makes some people ooze rainbows and daisies. I consider myself a mostly happy person, but I'm not one to run around hugging grandmas and kissing babies. I smile politely and speak kindly to my children, but even in my best of moods, you probably won't hear me chortling at the lame jokes thrown at me in the check out line. I don't know...but I do appreciate Dan. Glad I only know one person like him.

1 comment:

Debra said...

i am with you...sometimes cheerful people make me think "I would give anything just to scowl at them"