Saturday, January 31, 2009

I like to move it move it



Little Miss Heidi is on the move. She is not going to wait around while her sisters run past her. She is rolling like crazy because at the moment it is her fastest way to cross a room. She gets up on all fours, but doesn't quite know what to do to move forward. She usually ends up going backwards, but often she will lung forward and belly flop. It looks like a very clumsy inchworm, up on all fours, lunge, plop down on the belly, up on all fours...it works for now!
Heidi is also sitting up. She still hasn't quite figured out how to catch herself from falling over, but she has learned to curl when she's falling so her head isn't the first thing to hit. I wonder if she's teething as well. It would be really early for my kids, but I need some explanation for her persistent foul mood and NEVER sleeping. I'm dying here. The other night she only woke up four times and I was ecstatic. I was just starting to feel "normal" again, after the initial sleep deprivation that accompanies child birth, but now I'm back to not being able to form complete, coherent sentences. Anyone know how to make a baby sleep all night?

6 comments:

Tanners said...

does she sleep on he back. if you are not too scared to try her tummy. i slept on my tummy and didn't die. i was just talking to one mother the other day who told me that she sleeps he babies on thier tummies and they sleep through the night 6-7 hours at 3 weeks old. scott would never let me do this, but if you feel comfortable--give it a try.

Tanners said...

okay so i just read my comment. i hope you can tell what i was trying to say. because some of my sentences are emilia's level.

Debra said...

don't ask me...katelyn woke up at night until she was FOUR

Anonymous said...

She is so stinkin' cute! I know you probably aren't thinking that everytime she wakes you up at night, but those pictures are adorable. Good luck with the little non-sleeper. :)

Stacy said...

Nyquil... sweet, sweet Nyquil. Ok... I'm totally kidding! PLEASE don't report me! ;o) teeheehee!

Ok... I just read like 10 of your blogs to get caught up and I am crying from laughing so hard! I'm trying not to wake up Jaren or Ed!!! :o) Your life is TOO HILARIOUS!!! You truly have a way with words!

Josh and Cambree said...

Hey Shar, we put Nathan to sleep on his tummy as well. He just seems to prefer it. He started sleeping 6-7 hours at night when he was 2 months old. Then he got a cold and through that off, so I ended up just letting him cry himself back to sleep. Sounds cruel, but it only took 2 or 3 nights for him to catch on. I hope that helps! I love reading your stories!