Friday, January 9, 2009

Lesson Learned

I was holding Heidi in the kitchen and Naomi kept coming in, playing with Heidi, and then running away screaming, "EWWWWW, slobber!!!" Heidi does drool excessively, to the point that she saturates all of her clothes so by the end of the day they smell musty because they have never dried out. Yeah. Anyway, so after a few times of Naomi running in and out, I thought it would be really funny to hide right around the corner and down on my knees so that Heidi would be eye level with Naomi when she came into the kitchen. Well, Naomi ran in, I thrusted Heidi forward and yelled "slobber monster!!!" Naomi SCREAMED her amazingly loud high pitched scream right in Heidi's face. Needless to say, Heidi nearly jumped out of my arms and Naomi just about fell over and I spent the next five minutes comforting my poor baby. I suppose had I put any forethought into my actions I could have foreseen the outcome and avoided this emotional distress...but I didn't...and it was really funny.

3 comments:

Reggs said...

Hee hee hee!! This made me laugh out loud. I have also scared my kid thinking it would be hilarious. I was right, of course, but they didn't think it was funny.

Tamara said...

you just made my day! Good to know I'm not the only mom who doesn't always think through the consequences of playing on the kids' level

Anonymous said...

Hello would you mind stating which blоg plаtfοrm you're working with? I'm
going to start my own blog in the near future but I'm having a hard time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I'm lοoking
for ѕomething unіque. P.S Apologies for being off-tοpic but
I haԁ to asκ!

Feel free to ѕuгf to my blοg ..
. dallas tx internet marketing