Monday, January 25, 2010

My little Chef


Most kids like to watch cartoons. Mine like to watch cooking shows. Leah especially will beg me to turn on Paula Deen, or Rachel Ray (she knows them all by name)and then will put on her own apron and start making concoctions. Some of her creations have been surprisingly good, or at least not completely repulsive. Leah can read a recipe and follow the instructions. She even surprised me once and doubled a muffin recipe accurately. I think she's got a talent in the kitchen.

I have started putting Leah in charge of Sunday dinners, with my help if she needs it. Last night she made us "Spinach Carrot Muffins". She mixed up some corn muffins, chopped up spinach and carrots and layered them in the muffin tins. They were actually quite tasty.

4 comments:

Amy said...

our oldest daughters must be related. saela always asks for the cooking shows and once i turn it there she says, "okay mom. now leave it here. this is my FAVORITE show." i don't let her cook without my help though. ;)

Julia Shinkle said...

Shar that was an awesome post. My kids watch foodnetwork with me too! When she makes it big and has a show of her own she will say "I have been cooking for years!" So cute!

Debra said...

I never would have thought to put those things together!

Alli said...

That is IMPRESSIVE! She can cook for me anytime :)