Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm down with OCD (yeah, you know me)


For the past couple of weeks I have been in a funk. Not sure why, but to compensate for my lack of social interaction, I have developed Obsessive Compulsive tendencies. My house is immaculate. I scrubbed the bathroom ceiling to floor, including the ceiling. I did all my laundry and organized every drawer and got rid of three boxes of clothes and shoes and diapers. I scrubbed the carpet in my living room, on my hands and knees, with a bucket and scrub brush.

I knew I was in trouble when my friend stopped over and got the strangest look on her face. Later that night she called me and said, "My husband and I have been talking, and we're worried about you. On Sunday you didn't tease him and your house is SO clean. Are you OK?" :) That's a good friend.

But here's what I came up with. For the past thirteen years of my life, since I moved away from home, I have moved to a new house or apartment 19 different times. We have lived in this same house for 18 months and i'm getting antsy! My body and brain feel like it's time to move! But we're not moving for at least another six months. So I guess i'll just act like I am going to move and clean out the closets and get rid of junk and obsessively scrub my kitchen floor until I get it all out of my system. Hopefully I'll still have friends when I'm done with this bout of rash behavior. :)

2 comments:

Meggan Hayes said...

Oh my gosh...I've been feeling the same way. We've lived here for almost 2 years and I feel like we should be moving. I've started doing some serious dejunking as well. Good luck...let me know how it pans out!

Julia Shinkle said...

By the way you do not have permission to leave from the Shinkle Family so you are not going!