Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Well, it's official. I'm "OLD"


The other day I was at my friend's house and we were in the kitchen with the music blaring, dancing around. Her son, who is ten, came in and saw us dancing. He rolled his eyes and said, "Now that's just scary."

Suddenly I remembered being his same age and seeing my mom do something a bit silly with her friends and being totally embarassed. And then I remembered just how old I thought my mom was and realized, she was just a little bit older than I am now. YIKES!

It didn't help that shortly after Naomi asked me, "Are you more than 29?" "Yes," I answered, "I'm 30". "Woah!" she said in shock, "That's almost like 60!"

3 comments:

The Cooking Photographer said...

Hi Shar,

Lol! I feel the exact same way. I thought 30 was soooo old. Now that I'm 33 I'm starting to think 92 is old.

LAura

Debra said...

I still remember the humiliation I was subjected to when one of my friends was sleeping over and we were watching MTV. "California Girls" by David Lee Roth was on and my mom (Helen) starts singing and dancing. I was so embarassed. I do the same thing, so I am quite sure my kids are getting subjected to the same embarassment. It's ok though...keeps them humble : )

Tanners said...

if you do it more often it's not a shock or embarassing it's just the norm sooo--dance more-- shar.