Saturday, January 16, 2010

7 year old perspective

Last night I had all the girls in the car when picked up our baby sitter. Leah asked why Hannah was in the car. I told her that Lars and I were going on a date, so Hannah was going to babysit. "Well why do you need to go on a date?" she asked, "You already went on a honeymoon."

Leah asked if she was ever going to get a baby brother. I told her probably not, and anyway, I wouldn't know what to do with a boy. "I do." Leah said. "You just beat 'em up."

Naomi and Leah were having a debate about how long summer vacation has been around. Leah won with this argument, "Summer vacation has been around for a million zillion years. It probably started in the 1980's."

Heidi was swinging a carrot around like a sword. Leah said, "She's Prince Lesbian!" "WHAT? Where did you hear that?" I asked her. "We were watching Narnia at our friend's house." "Ohhhhhhh. Prince Caspian." I said very relieved. "Yeah, that's what I meant."

1 comment:

Debra said...

So adorable. Your kids say the cutest things.