Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Good Fairy

I was struck with divine inspiration the other day. I was at the Dollar Tree and found these little coupons that say, "You were caught being good" then it has a place to write their name and what they did that was good. I just started randomly leaving a "ticket" as the girls call them, taped to their door at night, so they would find in in the morning.

It has worked magic. My girls have started doing all sorts of things to try and catch the attention of "The Good Fairy". (Apparently they didn't consider me clever enough to do something like this since they just assumed a secret fairy left them their tickets.) One day Naomi randomly cleaned her room, Leah made her sisters breakfast and Yaya actually responded when I asked her to do something.

I hope they don't become disenchanted with this idea too quickly. It's working like a charm!

2 comments:

The Cooking Photographer said...

Oh!! I want those tickets. They would be such fun around here.

Justin and Andrea said...

Shar what a GREAT idea!!!!!!! I'm going to have to trek to Dollar Tree and get me some of those...or maybe I'll make some tonight here at home and do it tonight just to get the party started!
Thanks!!!!!!