Sunday, January 24, 2010

I have NO recollection



All of my children have decided it's a great idea to wake up at 6:30 every morning. Could be worse, I know, but I don't "do" 6 am. Too many late nights and early mornings have made me a wimp I guess. Anyway, yesterday I was laying on the couch dozing off...I mean, astutely observing my children's interactions. I must have really passed out because the next thing I know I heard Lars telling Leah to come inside and bring the shovel with her.

Apparently Leah had asked my permission to go outside and use the shovel from the fireplace to plant some potatoes. She was out there with my five pound bag of potatoes, digging holes and planting them whole...straight from the bag. Leah claimed she asked me and I said she could do it. The scary thing is she probably did ask and I probably DID agree.

The other day Naomi asked me something when I was in a similar state of unconsciousness and I answered "Cheese." She busted up laughing because my answer had NOTHING to do with what she had just asked me.

I just hope my kids don't figure out this would be the best opportunity to ask me for candy because apparently I will agree to anything. Then again, maybe they already have and I just don't remember! :)

1 comment:

Jess said...

Can I join your club? I think I've done similar things while being half asleep!