Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Summer Debate


When Leah is at school, she LOVES school. When Leah is at home, she can't imagine being anywhere else. So each summer since she started kindergarten, Leah has begged me to home school her. I kindly remind her that home school is NOT the same as summer vacation. In fact, she would probably have to do MUCH more work at home than she ever does at school.

Last night (after only two weeks of summer vacation) Leah started in on it. This time she took a different approach. She has been reading Little House on the Prairie each night. After she finished reading, she sighed and said wistfully, "Why do I have to go to school? Why can't I just stay at home and learn to knit and sew like they did in the olden days?"

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I don't stop by often to leave you a comment because I get the blog through my google reader feed, but just wanted to say that I love reading and pretty much die laughing every time you post! You even made the post about being a process server funny! I'm visualizing you at the dude's house, looking in the bird house, then running away, etc....Miss you guys!! Next step: move to Virginia.

Stephanie said...

I know you will love me forever because of this debate! They did use the THE MCGUFFEY READERS in LHOTP and that's what I use to teach my girls! Best books ever. Just get her one of those to use for "home school" over the summer and see how much she likes it (then send her back to school in the fall:)