Thursday, July 1, 2010

Almond Butter Dark Chocolate Cookies


I'd take a picture of these bad boys, but my camera is out of batteries and it seems to escape my mind every time I go to the store...so you'll just have to use your imagination. This is just a twist on your basic peanut butter cookie recipe.

Almond Butter Dark Chocolate Cookies

1 c butter
1 c sugar
1 c brown sugar
1 c natural Almond Butter
Mix well
2 eggs
Mix well
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
Mix well
1 c whole wheat baking flour
1 1/2 c white all purpose flour
Mix
1/3 c slivered almonds, slightly crushed
1 large bar dark chocolate cut into chunks
(or dark chocolate chips)
Mix

Scoop out into 1-inch balls. Flatten slightly. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
ENJOY!

p.s. When I made these I accidentally left out a cup of the sugar and they were quite delicious anyway! Give it a try.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Doesn't the Almond butter make it so much better! I have another cookie recipe I want to send you. It needs a little something and I'm not sure what!

Laney said...

Oh I'm drooling just reading this!!! I am going to make these soon. Dark chocolate & Almond Butter is one of my favorite treats ever. You're BRILLIANT!!