Thursday, June 10, 2010

What a very odd day...


It started with Naomi falling head first off the kitchen table at breakfast. What is a six year old doing on the table? Great question. No idea. Then after school Naomi was holding an armload of treasures while trying to get toilet paper to wipe her nose. Somehow she ended up dropping her butterfly notebook into the toilet. Well, that would have been bad enough, except whoever used the toilet before didn't flush (Yaya). So I got to put a plastic bag over my hand and go fishing for the notebook. Naomi begged me to wash it off and let her keep it. I gave her a firm "No" on that request.

Later that afternoon I decided to lay my weary bones on my bed for a little snooze and of course, the phone rang. I ignored it the first time, but when it rang again I figured it may be something important. It was my friend. Yaya was at her house and had shoved a rubber band up her nose. Yaya was in hysterics because she couldn't get it out. So I loaded up the other kids and went over there with my blue booger sucker that they give you at the hospital when you have a baby. After much booger sucking, I still couldn't get the rubber band out. Since she could still breathe I figured it probably wouldn't do too much damage so I let it be and Yaya ran off to play.

Later that evening Yaya came out of the back bedroom crying because she had fallen head first off the top bunk bed. But apparently the blow to the head dislodged the rubber band because out it came in a stream of snot with her tears. Who says nothing good comes from a mild concussion?

1 comment:

Alli said...

good to read the full version, and not just the teaser that was on facebook a while ago (I think I remember something about a rubber band up someone's nose)