Wednesday, October 7, 2009

wishful thinking

Wednesdays are my piano days. I teach all my lessons on Wednesday evenings and leave Lars with all the girls :) Today I dropped the three older girls at a friend's house and brought Heidi home before I went off the teach. Apparently during my lessons, my brain let go of details it didn't consider important. As I was driving home I was hoping that Lars would have the girls all ready and in bed by the time I got there. I opened the front door and no one ran out to greet me, so I was really excited that they were already asleep and everything! I walked down the hallway to give them each a kiss and as I opened their door and saw their empty beds, I remembered...there's a reason it's so quiet. They aren't even here. So I put my shoes back on, got back in the car, and went to pick them up. So much for avoiding bed time.



2 comments:

Debra said...

Where was Lars???

Lars Wight said...

Quietly doing my homework, thank you very much!!!