Saturday, October 24, 2009

Liar Liar Pants On Fire


Just a couple more examples of Yaya's bold face lies :)

I needed to return a chocolate fountain to my friend that I had borrowed for a party. I loaded the stuff and Yaya and Heidi into the car and strapped the girls into their five point harness car seats. I ran inside to get something and when I got back to the car, Heidi was holding a piece of the chocolate fountain. I asked how Heidi got it and Yaya explained, "She unbuckled her car seat, jumped down and took it." Really? And then did she buckle herself back in? "Yup." Huh.


Today I was in the bathroom and Heidi was in there with me. Apparently Yaya needed to use the facilities, but instead of telling me, she went into the laundry room and peed on the floor. I went into the laundry room a few minutes later and noticed her changing her undies. So I asked her if she had an accident. "No," she corrected me, "Heidi came in here and took off her diaper and peed on the floor." So I once again explained what lying was, using her most recent one as an example and then put her in a time out. When I got her out of her time out I asked her if she knew why I had put her in there. She sweetly answered, "Because I forgot it was against the rules to tell a lie."

1 comment: