Sunday, October 25, 2009

Forced to be "green"

Our waste disposal company has instituted a new garbage system. They dropped off three new garbage cans. One for yard waste, one GIGANTIC can for recycling and one microscopic can for trash. And, by the way, they are now only collecting trash every other week.
Don't get me wrong, I think recycling is great and we already do it, so it's not a huge change for us except for one minor detail...I could fill that tiny garbage can with diapers in three days. If anyone dare suggest I start using cloth diapers, I will immediately delete you as my friend. I love the earth and I will do what I can to reduce reuse and recycle, as long as that doesn't include scrubbing out and laundering cloth diapers. I'm pretty sure I would enjoy this beautiful earth more sane, than I would from the barred window of a padded room.

3 comments:

Wight Family said...

i don't know.... padded cells, good meds, you might even get to talk to whoever you want to without them being there....

naw. I won't use cloth diapers either. YUCKY!!

Janica said...

You should have gotten something that let you choose what option you wanted, but maybe the apartment complex just filled it out for everyone. Cuz we chose the everyother week option, but we got a huge can, the same size as the recycling. But I know there were a bunch of different options, and I bet your apartment chose the cheapest one. ( I know one was to have the small can and still have it come once a week)

Tasha said...

amen sister!