Friday, June 12, 2009

positive reinforcement

Yaya is such a little stinker at bed time. She will go to bed willingly, but she rarely stays there. She will wait until her sisters are asleep and then come out and want to party. Last night I was making some cards and didn't want to stop to put her back to bed, so I just let her stay with me. After a while I got up and got a peppermint patty. I got one for her too. When I gave it to her, Yaya looked at me and asked, "So the next time I get out of bed at night, will you give me another mint patty?!"

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

Dear Shar,
I'm a friend of Nicolina's, and that's how I got to your blog. I don't know you - but it almost seems that I do. I'm usually not a reader of blogs at all, unless they are composed by people I know. Your blog is the exception, though. I really enjoy reading it. Thanks for posting these fun little episodes of your family life.
Greetings from Germany,
Kirsten

Stephanie said...

I would get up if you gave me one too! How cute.

Debra said...

Uh...that is probably not a good trend...she will never stay in bed!