Wednesday, June 17, 2009

from the mouths of babes

Emilia picked my keys up and asked, "The next time we go to the library, can I drive?"

Leah, referring to Joseph and the coat of many colors asked, "Who's the guy in the rainbow shirt?"

Emilia has been coloring on herself a lot lately with markers and pens. Today I caught her with marker poised ready to strike and I told her legs were not for coloring on. Upset she asked, "Why can I never EVER color on myself?"

Emilia called Naomi a name, and Naomi responded by saying, "Don't call me names. That's not one of God's commandments!"

Leah told Yaya she could wear one of her skirts, so Yaya picked a long yellow skirt to borrow. She pulled it up to her armpits and tied the string around her neck. Of course Yaya was not wearing a shirt and somewhere she found some lipstick and had smeared it all over her mouth like a scary clown. She came waltzing out into the living room, posed and said, "Don't I look GORGEOUS?!"

We were on a walk and passed a bunch of pansies. I started singing a little song about little purple pansies. One line says, "We are only little, but we try try try..." Naomi interrupted and asked, "Why did you just sing 'little butt'?"

At dinner tonight Leah was trying to take some green beans with her hands instead of a spoon. I asked her when was the last time she washed her hands, she answered, "I don't remember." Then that's too long I told her, and please go wash your hands before you eat dinner. So then Yaya tried the same thing...digging around in the green beans with her grubby little paws. So I asked her when the last time was that she washed her hands. After a moment of thought she said firmly, "Saturday."

3 comments:

Debra said...

love that song :)

Jill Bagley said...

your kids are crack ups.
i love the joseph and the dreamcoat one. that is SOOO ruby. not interested or paying attention to anything but those rainbow colors.
and the washing hands one is classic.
i need to get better at asking my kids that!!

Alli said...

love that you remembered and wrote these down (and shared!) - they're hilarious little girls you've got :)