Tuesday, June 16, 2009

1st grade

From the beginning of the school year to the end, my status as a mother went from "awesome" to "embarrassing". I used to get several hugs and a kisses each morning before Leah walked into her classroom. By the end of the school year, I maybe got half of a side hug before she went running off to play with her friends. Well I made a giant, embarrassing mistake on the last week of school. Each day was a different theme, pajama day, twin day, crazy dress day and crazy hair day. Crazy hair day was on Thursday, but i thought it was on Wednesday. So we did Leah's hair in little piggies all over her head. Usually I walk her all the way to her classroom door, but that day we were late so I drove her and just told her to get out and run. she was the last one into her classroom and when she walked in, everyone started yelling, "It's not crazy hair day!" Poor Leah was so embarrassed that she hid in the coat closet and started bawling. thankfully her sweet teacher helped her take them all out and fixed her hair so it looked nice.
The next day we got to try again :)
Leah

the wrong crazy hair day

take two


every girl's dream in 1984



Leah and teachers, last day of school





1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I almost peed my pants with that story!