Thursday, September 24, 2009

This is what makes my life entertaining

*Last night as I was putting Yaya to bed I was trying to put positive thoughts into her head in hopes that she would stay in her bed the whole night. So I would start the sentence and she would finish it.
me-"Stay in your bed all..."
Yaya- "Night"
me-"Have good..."
Yaya-"dreams."
me-"In the morning you'll wake up...
Yayay-"happy."
me-"And you will feel...
Yaya-"the love."
(I was going for "good" on the last one, but I liked her answer much better!)

*Leah on the way home from school said, "I wish my tongue was made of gum. Then I could chew it!"

*Yaya was in the bathtub and she squeezed the rubber duck. A bunch of nasty moldy goop came out of it and was floating around the bathtub. Yaya said, "Mom! I can see fish feathers!!"

*Leah was very excited that Naomi could spell our last name. Naomi simply said, "I know! It's easy peasy lemon squeezy!"

*A couple nights ago Yaya got out of bed and came into my room. She tried to climb in my bed, like she does EVERY night. I put her back to bed. A bit later she came back in complaining that she couldn't breathe, but wouldn't let me wipe her nose, so I put her back to bed. A couple minutes later she came in again complaining that she still couldn't breath. So I said to her, "Yaya, you just told me not to wipe your nose." She looked at me and said, "Well, now I told you to." Alrighty then!

*In the car Heidi usually sucks her thumb. Yaya looked over at her and yelled, "Heidi. Un-suck your thumb."

*Leah, Naomi and Yaya were all bickering back and forth in the back of the car. I couldn't tell who was saying what, so I said, "Who's making snappy comments back there? Leah, is that you?" Defensively, Leah answered, "No! I don't even know how to snap."

1 comment:

Alli said...

your "snappy comments" reminded me of a friend who told me her friend's mom used to drive around with a wooden spoon in the car and whenever kids would start arguing or fighting, she's just wave it around behind her and hit whoever she happened to hit :)