Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Doh!


So there has been road construction going on near our house. I try to avoid this area as much as possible, but if I want to buy groceries...it's kind of impossible. So today it took me ten minutes to get to the grocery store. So what? I can see the store from my house, it usually takes two. Anyway, on the way home the sign holder guy waved the car in front of me and then me out of the parking lot. I wasn't really paying attention to the road and more just following the car in front of me. As I was passing the construction worker somehow I knocked my car out of drive and into neutral, so my engine revved really loudly about two feet from him. He probably thought I was checking him out and trying to get his attention. Um, no. So I sheepishly ducked my head, threw my car back into drive and took off down the street. Well, I looked in my rear view mirror and noticed the truck behind me was driving down the left side of the street. Then I heard someone honking their horn and I started laughing at this guy thinking what kind of moron drives on the wrong side of the road, his tires are probably going to get caught in the wet cement. About two seconds later I see another flagger waving us down and frantically trying to get us over to the left side of the road. This time when I looked in my rear view mirror, Mr. Truck was laughing at me. Just trying to leave my mark on society somehow!

3 comments:

Debra said...

Nice!

Alli said...

sounds like something I would do :)

Amy said...

the only thing that would have made this story sound even more true is if i was with you.

p.s.
i like the photo, reminds me of your days as a cross gaurd in good old rexburg. :)