Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Lollapalooza!

took this picture with the girls just before i left
Yaya, Naomi, Leah, Heidi and me
my cute nephew miles at the Ba Ba Reeba restaurant in Chicago

the Chicago skyline at dusk

Me 'n Norm on our rickshaw ride

One of the stages and the masses of people at Lollapalooza



My brother in law Norm was planning on going to Lollapalooza in Chicago (a three day outdoor music festival with 130 bands). My sister Steph didn't want to go with him so he invited me to go. It was AMAZING! My sisters Steph and Becca were in Chicago as well and we hung out before and after the concerts each day. We ate some amazing food and saw some fabulous concerts. Lars kept all four girls at his mom's house for the weekend. It was spectacular!!!!! Some of my favorite bands were Depeche Mode, The Killers, Andrew Bird, Blind Pilot, Gomez, Lykke Li and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Music is so good for my soul. So is not being a mom for four days. Of course I missed my little ladies but it was so refreshing to wake up on my own and just lie in bed without having to jump up and get everyone breakfast. Luxury.
When I got back Lars and the three older girls were happy to see me, but Heidi either forgot who I was or was just plain mad at me. I took her out of the stroller to give her a hug and she started crying and reaching for Lars! She wouldn't make eye contact with me all day and wouldn't let me hold her until five o'clock that night. She recovered quickly after that and was pretty clingy for the rest of the night and the next day, but now she seems to be back to normal.

1 comment:

Tanners said...

good for you shar!! i'm so glad you convinced lars to take all of them.