Thursday, April 23, 2009

blind faith

Tomorrow is the big day. My mini-TRYathlon. Today I rode my bike (which is really Lars's manly mountain bike) out to my friend's house so I could borrow her real road bike. She lives just outside city limits, so I was on a two land road rather than a bike trail. Anyway, as I was riding back home I was biking up a hill, the road changed to a no passing zone and I could hear a big truck coming up behind me. I glanced back to check and, oh yup, he wasn't happy he had to wait for me, so as I looked forward again a bug flew directly into my right eye! It startled me, and was of course uncomfortable, not to mention the mental trauma of knowing I had bug guts splattered across my cornea. Upon bug/eyeball impact I swerved a bit and just about ran myself off the road, but then over-corrected so I was swerving around the road like I'd been drinking since noon. I was peddling as fast as i could, up hill, trying to clear my eye of bug guts. As soon as we crested the hill, Mr. Mac Truck sped by me, leaving me to choke on his dust. I was just grateful I didn't wipe out and get run over by the guy. At least I was wearing my helmet. Maybe i need some safety glasses as well. :)

6 comments:

John Boyack said...

You are hilarious! I want to see this race. I am going to hunt you down!

Reggs said...

Shar, you are a rockstar!! And you are hilarious, you really should write a novel.

The Busy Beez said...

I love you, sharlene, you are hilarious. And it is nice to know that there is someone else out there who understands my children, or at least what it is like to live with people like my children.

Wight Family said...

Okay, I want to know how your Tri-athlon went!! Details girl!
Sorry about the bug guts in your eye. No fun. I do suggest goggles.

Tanners said...

so how did it go??? tell us all about the triathalon.

Alli said...

I have some safety goggles the girls got from doing projects at home depot - they're yours if you don't mind looking like a goon.