Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day 7

On the seventh day of Christmas my gift to you from me is my seventh favorite recipe...

Today you get my two favorite Sauces
Thai Peanut Sauce

3 T peanut butter
2 cloves garlic
2 t hot chili oil
2 T maple syrup or honey
2 T soy sauce
1 T rice vinegar
1/4 c water
peanuts

Mix all in a saucepan over med heat.  Stir until peanut butter has melted and all ingredients are combined.  Serve over stir fried or sauteed veggies and rice.  Sprinkle peanuts on top. 
I usually double the recipe.  It's good on everything!

*As a Raw recipe, mix all and puree.

Hot Fudge Sauce
(This is my mom's recipe, for all of you who have ever had this and wanted the recipe)

3/4 c sugar
1/2 c cocoa powder
2/3 c evaporated milk
1/3 c light corn syrup
1/3 c butter
1 t vanilla

Combine sugar and cocoa in a medium saucepan.  Blend in evaporated milk and corn syrup.  Cook over low heat stirring constantly until mixture boils.  Boil and stir for one minute.  Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla.  Makes about 2 cups.  Serve warm or cold over ice cream, brownies, cake or with a straw. :)

No comments: