Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Eve and Day

Saturday we got to drive up to Portland and spend the evening with Lars's brother and family.  Apparently I didn't get a single picture of them...but I did get one of them sporting their new p.j. pants from grandma Ingrid :)


Santa came to our house and brought the girls some toys and boots.  Grandma and Grandpa spoiled the girls as well.  Our favorites were the adorable aprons that my sister made for us.  I wore mine ALL day while I was cooking.  Thanks Elizabeth!  :)

That afternoon we had our friends over to share a traditional Swedish Smorgasbord...sans pickled herring and liver patte.  We had ham, orange rolls, Swedish meatballs with lingonberry sauce, yams and apples, braised cabbage, pickled beets, roasted brussel sprouts, salad, crackers and cheese, veggies and spiced cider. 
After dinner the girls and their friends made Ramses a throne and a crown.  Here is photographic proof that we got a very tolerant cat.  I still won't be surprised if he ever tries to escape out the bathroom window.  I've been tempted a few times myself :)

No comments: