Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Potty Dilemma



I realize Heidi is only two, and just barely two at that, but I KNOW she could use the potty if she wanted to. The key here is that she doesn't WANT to use the potty and for that reason I know it would be a losing battle...for me.

Here's a bit of our daily routine that leads me to this conclusion.
Every morning Heidi wakes up with a dry diaper.
I ask her, "Heidi, do you want to go pee pees in the potty?"
She answers, "No. Pee pees in diapee."
Then she'll stand there, look at me, wet her diaper and announce "All done pee pees!" Heidi will then go get a clean diaper, open it up and lay it down on the floor. Next she will get out a wipe and lay it next to the diaper. Then Heidi will lie down on top of the clean diaper and say, "New diapee please!"

I suppose for now I will just be grateful to Heidi for making the whole diaper changing experience as easy and pleasant as it could be. I'm just going to have to start a coin jar and make her deposit 25 cents for every diaper she uses. Those things are spendy.

No comments: