Monday, November 29, 2010

No, No and No again


I had Heidi and Emilia with me at the store today so I could pick up a few boring things like tape and mascara. Of course the girls wanted to look at the toys so I reminded them that I wasn't buying anything, but they could look and play all they wanted.

Emilia asked me for a Barbie. I said No. She asked me for a Zhu Zhu pet. I said No. She asked me for some princess dress up shoes. I said No. Emilia hung her head in defeat and sobbed, "You're ruining my life." I unsympathetically reminded her I've heard that one before.

Emilia asked me for play dough. I said No. She asked me for a baby that wets itself. I said NO! She asked me for a puppy that moves and barks. I said No. Exasperated, Emilia desperately implored, "Can't you be nice? Just for ONE DAY?!?!"

No comments: