Thursday, November 4, 2010

Balsamic Bath


A couple weeks ago I was moving the food storage shelves in the garage. Heidi and Emilia were out there "helping" me as well. I took a break to use the little girl's room. About thirty second later Emilia walked into the bathroom carrying the jagged broken off top of a glass bottle of balsamic vinegar. She nonchalantly informed me that Heidi was moving some food and dropped the bottle. I tried to remain calm, but mostly freaked out and ran out to the garage. Sure enough 16 oz of dark balsamic vinegar mixed with glass shards was seeping across my garage floor. Heidi had somehow managed to walk right through the whole mess with her bare little feet and remain unscathed, thankfully.

So I sent the girls inside and cleaned up the mess. Not such a big deal except our garage is finished so my garage floor is white. Who does that? Anyway, I spent the rest of the afternoon with a bottle of bleach (sorry earth) scrubbing my garage floor. I felt a little OCD, to say the least, but it all came off and aside from the lingering blasamic/bleach smell...you would never even know it happened. :)

No comments: