Tuesday, March 31, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things...
















Leah...and her legwarmers, Naomi, Heidi, and Emilia (Yaya)

Some fabulous quotes from my little ladies.

**Emilia is constantly humming, or singing about whatever she is doing. The other day she was singing about who knows what, stopped, looked at me and said, "I just made up a song. Want to sing it with me?" and expected me to join in for the chorus.**
**Naomi to me. "I can't wait to start ballet! I can't wait to start kindergarten!"
Me-"You're growing up so quickly!"
Naomi- "I know!!! Soon I'll be a mom and you'll die. But don't worry, we'll still be a family!"**
**Emilia and her cousin Anika were playing together at Grandma's house over spring break. I overheard her say to Anika, "Can we push pause on this game for a minute? I need to use the potty."**

After dinner tonight Lars said thanks for dinner and leaned over to give me a kiss. Leah caught the tail end of it and said very relieved, "Whew. Good thing I was looking down at my plate. YUCK!"

Yaya was playing with all her toys on a little table in their room and Heidi was sitting on the floor, so I asked Yaya, "Can you put your toys down so Heidi can play too?" Yaya answered plainly, "No. Heidi sucks." Shocked, I exclaimed "What?!" Yaya answered again, "Heidi sucks...on all my toys." Ahhh. :)

Yaya was playing on the floor and Heidi crawled over and on top of her. Yaya got annoyed and said in frustration, "Heidi, I'm not a toy, I'm a kid!"

Lars and I went on a date last Saturday. Leah asked me, "Why are you going on a date?" "To spend time together" I answered. "I don't like when you go on dates." "Why?" I asked. Leah responded, "Because then you'll be kissing and that's disgusting." I told her she could be happy knowing we were going on dates and kissing because it showed her we loved each other. "I know," she answered still distraught, "It's just that I'm going to have to do it someday."

Naomi, Yaya and I were in the kitchen getting breakfast and Naomi was asking for something a million times in a row. So exasperated I said, "I heard you already. Good Night!" Yaya said, "It's morning." "I know," I explained, "It means quit freaking out." "No it doesn't," she countered, "It means GO-TO-SLEEP!"

4 comments:

Wight Family said...

I am laughing so hard! You're doing a great job writing down the things that just leave us all scratching our heads and loving that we are moms! You're girls will thank you one day for keeping a record of the things they've said!!

allison said...

I'm really grateful to find your blog, I can't stop laughing!
Allison LeBaron

Leslie said...

Your girls serve as great comic relief.
Thanks

Reggs said...

Your kids are so COOL and hilarious!! You must be laughing all day long. I especially love the, "I know but I'll have to do it someday."