Sunday, October 23, 2011

travel log-week3

Friday the 19th my sister Steph watched my girls so that Amy and I could go to the Iowa State Fair to see a concert...and the champion boar of course.  This is me and "Tiny" with all his 1, 196 pounds of piggy, whiskery goodness.

Train and Maroon 5 put on an AMAZING concert.

Adam Lavine with Maroon 5

Patrick Monahan with Train

After the show we were going to get a real taste of the fair by having a deep fat fried Oreo cookie. One thing stopped us...the girl who was slumped down next to the booth barfing. We figured we could try it another year.

Amy and me taking pictures of our reflection in the bus window on the shuttle back to our car.

Saturday the 20th
We woke up and started packing up all our stuff, cleaning out the car and washing it. I convinced my sister Becca to drive over from Muscatine so I could spend one more day with her.   All of a sudden I felt kind of crampy and before long I was doubled over thinking I was dying.  If I didn't already have my appendix out I would have thought it had ruptured I was in so much pain.  Eventually I made my way to the bathroom where I sat on the throne with a garbage can on my lap while it felt like someone was wringing my intestines dry.  Needless to say, I didn't get to spend much quality time with my sister.  :(

Sunday the 21st
Even though I still felt like death warmed over, we packed up the car and drove to Iowa City to see Amy and Andrew one more time.  I could hardly walk, or sit up straight for that matter, but somehow we made it home. 

Monday the 22nd
My Mom and I had already bought tickets to see the "Body Works" exhibit at the OMSI in Des Moines.  It was fascinating.  I thought it might be a little creepy, but it was amazing.

Tuesday I got to spend time with another friend and her beautiful daughter.  We packed up the car and got ready for our trip back to Oregon.
Wednesday the 24th
Dad and Mom drove us back to Omaha, Nebraska.  We stopped at Winter Quarters and the girls got to see the historical site there and dress up in pioneer clothes before we went to the airport to fly home.



Blowing kisses to Grandma and Grandpa.

Thanks for a great trip!

No comments: