Monday, October 24, 2011

Dodged a Bullet

Last weekend I was in Salem for a Dr. appointment, so of course I had to spend some time in Monmouth.  I decided to get my hair cut by a gal that cut my hair once before.  I hadn't seen her in about a year and a half.  When I came in she was super chatty and asked me how my last haircut was.  Good, I answered kind of surprised that she would remember me after so long. I sat down in the chair and she started cutting.  As she was cutting and talking I suspected that she might be thinking I was someone else.  The more she cut, the more I was sure of it. 
When she chopped the side this short, I stopped her and asked just exactly how she was cutting my hair.  She said she thought I just wanted to repeat my last haircut.  Well, my last hair cut from her was shoulder length, but apparently whoever she thought I was had a pixie cut and that was what she was starting to give me!  Fortunately for me I have thick hair and she only cut the bottom layer on the side.
The top was still long enough that I could cover it up without it being horribly obvious. 
I explained to her what haircut I actually wanted and she fixed up what she could.  I guess it turned out all right.  I always get a bit nervous when the only people who compliment my hair are over 65.  So far that's been the case, but hey...it's just hair right? :)


1 comment:

Amy said...

well, i'm not 65 and i think it's cute.....when your botched side is covered. bahahah, i'm sorry, it's just so funny. it reminds me of how you cut my hair in the dark but we BOTH knew you were botching it, in areas. seriously though, i like it.