Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Nature over nurture

Yesterday Naomi came home from school with a list of all the kids in her class; thus ensuring she could non-discriminately bring Valentines for everyone to the class party on February 11th.  Last night before going to bed Naomi approached me with this request.

"Tomorrow while I'm at school I have a few things I need you to do for me.  I need you to go to the store and get me a pad of construction paper, two packs of pencils and a bag of heart candies.  Do you think you can do that?"

I agreed and inquired what she would be doing with said objects.

"I am going to make 10 Valentines on Wednesday, 10 on Thursday and 7 on Friday.  Then I am going to put three heart candies in a bag, punch a hole in each bag and punch a hole in each Valentine.  I'm going to tie the bag to the card and then I'll be ready for my party on the 11th." 

What six year old has that much forethought?  That clearly was not a learned behavior from her mother.  "Nature"-one "Nurture"-zero

1 comment:

Julia Shinkle said...

Wow Shar! Now that is my kind of organizational skills! Way to go little one! But she has seen how organized you are...she is watching and taking notes. Miss ya!