Saturday, July 4, 2009

my birthday party

My sister Becca and Myself

Me with my traditional flag birthday cake

the kiddos sitting in front of the band, clapping

Lars with his mom, Ingrid and the Heidi baby

Becca rockin' to the music, Lars and me

The "Band of Brothers"

the flag pinata Naomi made
My sister Becca flew out to Oregon to help be celebrate my fabulous 30th birthday. She got in Wednesday night and my party was Thursday. We spent the day pulling the last minute details together. My friend so graciously let me take over her yard with chairs, tables, a tent, people, pinatas, games and a band. I only had to beg, bribe, coerce, manipulate and plead "The Band of Brothers" to play at my party for about three months. They finally agreed to do it for a marion berry pie-each. Easy enough. (The two brothers are my friend's husbands.) Anyway, tons of my friends were there and Lars's mom, sister + 2 of her kids and brother, wife and their kids showed up. I felt so loved and supported. It was a great way to send off my twenties!

No comments: