Thursday, July 7, 2011

July the 4th

So I really didn't make a big deal about my birthday this year.  I mostly just wanted to spend it with my little family, which I did, so it was quite pleasant.  Leah had spent the week before with her friends in Monmouth where we used to live so we drove out Sunday to pick her up.  We stayed at our good friend's house over night and enjoyed the activities and parade there on the 4th. 

That evening when we came back, Lars and the girls cleaned the house for me, did the dishes, vacuumed...all while I took a nap.  Best. Present. Ever.  :)  When it got dark we watched fireworks over the Newport bridge.  It was a beautiful night and a wonderful birthday.

 Our friend Hannah helping Heidi up the giant inflatable slide
 Heidi sliding down on her own
 Heidi, Emilia (not sure why she was wearing boots and a fleece blanket), Naomi, friend Lilli and Leah
 Some kids came by with Super Soakers to cool down the crowd
 They got the girls pretty wet!
 E wasn't exactly thrilled about it
And this is the only pict I got of myself on my birthday...Man my nose looks good for 32!  ;)

1 comment:

Amy said...

yes. your nose does look good. ;)