Saturday, May 22, 2010

Green Thumb / Black Thumb


It has become apparent to me that Leah has inherited her Grandma Ingrid's amazing ability to make anything grow. Naomi, I fear, has inherited my amazing ability to kill anything green or living.

I mentioned in a previous post that while I was snoozing one afternoon, I apparently gave Leah permission to plant some potatoes. She got baking potatoes out of the cupboard, dug a hole in the back yard and plopped them in. I now have five large, beautiful potato plants growing in my yard. Anything she plants, grows.

Naomi planted a bean seed at school and brought it home barely sprouted. We transplanted it into a small container. It's been warmer lately, so I put it outside to get some sunshine. Naomi came home from school and frantically demanded to know where her bean plant was. I told her I put it outside. "NO!!!!" she panicked, "Don't put it outside! It will rain on it and my plant will die!" I see she has my gardening intuition. Yikes!

1 comment:

Debra said...

Reminds me of when Kira was born. Aaron's mother brought me this plant at the hospital. I said, "Mom, you know I kill everything." She said..."You can't kill this. It thrives on neglect." (It was some sort of cactus) It was dead in two weeks.