Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Culprits



Disclaimer: I tell this story knowing that in ten years when Leah reads it she will respond with, "Mom! Why would you tell that to other people? That is so embarrassing. You're ruining my life! Agh!" I fully accept responsibilty for publishing this humiliating event. Please forgive me.


Leah loves school. So much, in fact, that she doesn't want to miss a minute of it, even to use the bathroom. She can make it through the whole day, but getting home is quite the event. We just live across the field from the school so it's not a long walk in distance. Now, depending on just how badly she needs to use the facilities covering this distance can take up to half an hour depending on how many times she needs to "sit and wait a minute" or walk with her legs crossed. Anyway, the point of this story is not to embarrass Leah, just set up the scene for the trophy event of the day. Today was a day that Leah made it all the way home and quickly. It seems if she does this successfully, then she forgets to use the bathroom right when she gets home. Well, about an hour after her arrival Naomi runs up to me and yells, "Leah just wet her pants!" Fine, she gets to clean it up is my automated response. So she does and announces she is taking a shower. Two minutes later..."Mom! Yaya just wet her pants!" I walk into the bathroom and Yaya is standing on the stool, directly in front of the potty, with a puddle around her feet. "Why?" was all I could manage calmly. "I just wanted to take a shower with Leah. Can I? (Big sweet grin, batting eyes)" Whatever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMW! She is so funny!