Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mom's Top Ten Lists

It's 9:30 at night and I'm in my room listening to my daughters across the hall rehearsing songs for their Mother's Day production tomorrow.  I'm in love.  Rather than get all sappy on you here I'll give you a couple top ten lists.

Ten awesome things about being a Mom

10.Little foot prints in the sand
9.  I can snuggle and smooch on squishy little cheeks all I want
8.  Anytime I come back from being gone, all my girls will run up to me and hug me
7.  My girls really believe I can make everything all better
6.  I get to do all the things adults aren't "supposed" to do anymore...because I have kids
5.  Right now they still want me to eat school lunch with them.  (Yes, I am fully aware that in five years or less I will be horribly embarrassing.)
4.  I get to decorate my house with all of their beautiful artwork
3.  I will never get tired of hearing, "You're the best Mom in the world!"
2.  Discovering their amazing little personalities
1.   I can finally say, "Because I said so!"

Ten annoying things about being a Mom

10.  I kind of get tired of hearing, "Looks like you have your hands full!" anytime I have my children in  public.
9.  Laundry. Loads of it. Literally.
8.  Most of my day is spent worrying
7.  Washing laundry
6.  Stepping on cereal.  (How does so much of it end up on the floor anyway?)
5.  Forgetting to switch the laundry so I have to wash it again
4.  I miss sleeping
3.  Folding laundry
2.  Putting laundry away
1.  Laundry


I realize I'm biased, but I think I'm the luckiest Mom in the world...and yes, it's worth all the laundry  :)