Tuesday, February 21, 2012

too soon!

This is E.  She is 6.  Her favorite color is red...that is until she found out Justin Beiber's favorite color is purple.  Now her favorite color is purple.  She is planning on having a Justin Beiber birthday party.  E asked if we could send him an invitation.  I reminded her that her birthday is in October.  She reminded me that it might take him a long time to get here. 

Being the third child, E hears a lot of things now that the older girls didn't learn about until they were several years older.  The latest hot topic...how the adolescent body changes. 

The other day after showering, E came out of the bathroom wrapped in a giant towel crying.  I asked her what was wrong.  She sniffled, then she told me.  "My sisters said I don't have any hair in my armpits, but I DO!  It's just only this long (finger and thumb held so close together that there is hardly any space in between.)"

Parenting books never tell you how to deal with stuff like this.

No comments: