Friday, September 23, 2011

Changing Gears

For some reason the thought of blogging my travels this summer is still overwhelming, so I'll warm up with something else...like the amazing dinner I made tonight. 

For my girls I made peanut butter, cinnamon and mini-chocolate chip paninis.  :)

(i stole this picture because i no longer have a camera)

For Lars and myself I went off a recipe for Shrimp Po’ Boys from Bon Appétit, June 2011 but of course changed a few things based on what I had.

Ingredients:
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
2 shots Tabasco
1 1/2 pounds baby shrimp


2 tsp oil
2-French Baguettes
Butter
Swiss cheese
mayonnaise
lettuce
sliced tomatoes

Instructions:
Slice baguettes in half and lengthwise.  Spread butter on each roll and place on a baking sheet.  Toast under the broiler until crispy.

In a bowl, whisk together the first 8 ingredients. Add the shrimp and Tabasco sauce and coat all of the shrimp with the spice mix.

Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until the shrimp is pink and cooked through.

To assemble the sandwiches, spread a layer of mayonnaise on each roll, Swiss cheese, top with hot shrimp, then lettuce and tomatoes.
Serves 4.

It was super fast, easy and DELICIOUS!

3 comments:

Debra said...

Blogs need a like button : )

Liz said...

Yum. Super impressed!

The Cooking Photographer said...

OK, that was fun. I'm sorry you no longer have a camera though!

L