Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pick up etiquette

This morning I was working at The Market and these two teenage boys came in to order a couple coffees.  Aside from taking their order, and "Be careful, it's hot" we didn't talk to each other.  They didn't say a word as they left either, but did leave me a crumpled up napkin and this cup with a phone number and a tempting invitation.

They looked pretty young and seemed inexperienced since they overlooked some very obvious "Pickup Rules".

Rule #1  Check for a RING!  Rookie mistake.
Rule #2  Talk to the girl.  (Unless of course you are in the midst of a voice change, which I'm pretty sure they were, and don't want to risk sounding half man and half school girl.)
Rule #3  Leave your name with your number.  There were two of them.  How do I know if I'm calling the cute one?
Rule #4  Know your own phone number.  Although I suppose it's better cross it out and correct it rather than handing out your mom's number on accident.

All mishaps aside...he had guts enough to leave his number...maybe I should give him a call.  I do need a babysitter for Saturday night.

3 comments:

blim4evans said...

Aside from all that, didn't it make you feel great?! That is hilarious

THE YOUNG-INS said...

always makes me laugh

Michelle said...

ROTFLOL! Oh my gosh, that is too hilarious!