Sunday, May 22, 2011

Bunny

Lars has carried on a tradition that his dad used to do.  As soon as stores start stocking them, he will buy each of the girls a chocolate bunny and they are allowed to take one bite a day until Easter.  Heidi, being two and a chocolate fiend, didn't really grasp this concept so each day when the other girls would take a small bite, to ensure their bunnies lasted until Easter, Heidi would take the biggest bite she could and cry for more.

Coincidentally, after Heidi had finished her own bunny, our friend gave us a GIANT chocolate Easter bunny.  Heidi kept asking to have it and I kept saying No.  I put it on the counter and went of to do something else.  A while later I realized it was too quiet and I hadn't seen Heidi in a while.  I was pretty sure what was going on, so I tiptoed around trying to find her and catch her red handed.

When I snuck upstairs, I came upon Heidi sitting in the middle of the floor with the bunny completely unwrapped.  She had already gnawed the face off.  Stifling my laughter, I approached her and said, "Heidi.  Mama told you not to eat the chocolate bunny."  Heidi innocently responded, "I not eating it.  I LICKING it!"

2 comments:

Amy said...

that kid is a genius!

Leslie said...

The pictures alone are enough to send me into hysterics.