Sunday, March 13, 2011

Can we please wait 20 years for this conversation?

One hour after I put Emilia to bed, she came upstairs with a very perplexed look on her face.
E-I have a question for you.
S-What is it?
E-Did we come out of eggs?
S-Uhhhh...sort of.  (Insert MINI version of the birds and the bees here)
E-So what if I have a boy baby?
S-Well, then you'll have a boy
E-But I don't like boys
S-I guess you'll have to learn to love him
E-Well I want ten babies (holding up ten fingers), but I only want ONE boy and the rest girls.  I'm going  to pray for that.  Would you like to pray with me?
S-Sure
E-(arms folded and head bowed ) Heavenly Father, Please bless that I will only have ONE boy and the rest girls.  Amen  Good night Mom!

4 comments:

Shawn and Elizabeth Amorino said...

love it ! lindsay currently doesn't want to be a mom - because she thinks it will hurt.

Nicole said...

I am dying with laughter!!!!
Oh my! *breath* You have got to frame that conversation! :) Can you imagine what Heavenly Father might be doing after that precious prayer? I imagine him doubled over laughing with tears down his cheeks. Emelia is #1 in my book!

Amanda Davis said...

Love those girls! They are so funny!

Debra said...

In your family that might actually work. You have lots of girls in it!