Sunday, September 5, 2010

Worst Birthday Ever

Heidi turned 2 on August 31st. The girls kept asking if they could make posters and decorate the house. I had already packed all the construction paper and markers and pretty much the only thing left to decorate would have been the stack of boxes in the living room...so I said no.

We spent the day packing and playing with friends. The crowing event of the day was returning the school supplies we had bought for the girls for their old school and re-buying their new list of school supplies for their new school. During our shopping, Heidi grabbed a roll of Scotch Tape from the school supply isle and was pushing it around saying, "Choo Choo Train!" I thought, What the heck? It's her birthday! So I bought it for her.

Happy Birthday Heidi. You deserve much more, but you're two, so I know you'll forgive me. (I didn't even get a single picture of the kid on her birthday...she still looks a lot like the pictures we took on Monday.) ;)

p.s. I would have been racked with guilt if this were my first child...

No comments: