Saturday, September 4, 2010

Sam Case Elementary

Naomi in Oregon
Yaya
Naomi
Heidi
Naomi, Leah, Yaya
On Monday we also enrolled the girls at the school in Newport. Apparently the school is K-3, so Leah is the big dog. The office ladies were very nice and helpful but they weren't exactly thrilled at our address dillema. Currently we have a Monmouth address, then we will be temporarily be living in Waldport until we find a place in Newport. So I had to fill out a transfer request from Monmouth, but then they wanted me to enroll the girls in school in Waldport and then do a transfer to Newport.

By the time this all came up I had already been there an hour filling out a stack of paperwork as tall as Heidi, so I was "done". I just told them as politely as I could muster, that I wasn't going to do it. I would just keep my girls out of school until we had a permanant address rather than putting them in a different school for two weeks and then transfer them. After my blatant refusal, the office attendants promised to "see what they could do". So hopefully when we show up for school on tuesday, the girls will have a place in class :) Otherwise it's an extended summer vacation for us. I think Naomi would be the only complaining. She's the only kid I know who actually counts down until summer vacation ends and school begins. Honestly, if I didn't (vividly) remember giving birth to her, I would swear she was not my kid.

Anyway, we walked around the school and played on the playground. By the end of the day, both Leah and Naomi decided it would be a nice place to be. :)

No comments: