Monday, December 7, 2009

Just not feelin' it

I'm trying really hard, but I'm just not feeling the Christmas spirit yet this year. Not sure what the difference is, but I haven't even baked one batch of Christmas cookies yet. I usually try to eat cookies for breakfast every morning of December...because I can...but I don't even feel like doing that. The girls and I have started doing some Christmas crafts, so it's looking more festive around here. Hopefully I can turn it around before the holidays are over!

4 comments:

Meggan Hayes said...

Hey Shar,
Don't feel bad, neither am I and I can't figure out why. My kids are excited, our decorations are up, there was even snow in the forecast (although we didn't get any). If you do find some holiday spirit, share some with me!

Anonymous said...

So a couple years ago my sister made me this book with a scripture, a christmas song, and a christmas story (like gift of the magi and others)for all 24 days leading up to Christmas. Every night (when we remember to) we open up the book, light a candle, and read, sing, and feel all Christmasy. Hope that helps. :)

The Cooking Photographer said...

Weird, I'm feeling the same way. I wonder why.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and if THAT doesn't work - listen to Celine Dion or Josh Groban sing O Holy Night sometime when you're by yourself and quiet....if that ever happens. :) It's like an instant Christmas Spirit Fix!