Saturday, May 9, 2009

somebody please explain


Scented baby wipes. Changing diapers is gross enough as it is. I suppose the idea behind a scented baby wipe was to make it a more pleasant changing experience if you could capture the relaxing scent of cucumber and green tea instead of...the diaper contents. A good idea it was, on paper, but I wonder how extensively the scent combinations were researched before being put into production. It would be my guess that a more natural scent such as "baby powder", or "clean linen" would lend itself to a sweet baby's bum. Instead each time I wipe my baby's bum I'm smelling poopumbers and green pee. Let's get some more effective market research going here Huggies. Ask the ones changing the diapers.

5 comments:

Debra said...

lol...I always liked the scented wipes!!! When I opened them it just reminded me what a cute baby I had.

Rachel said...

AMEN SISTA! I've always thought the same thing.

Reggs said...

LOLOL...I have just added POOCUMBERS to my vocabulary.

Alli said...

poopumbers and green pee - love it!! You make me laugh Shar :)

Jill Bagley said...

I TOTALLY AGREE.
my sister tried to get me hooked on the "refreshing" huggies wipes from costco. i found myself buying them with a coupon for 9 dollars off. and all i can think of while im changing poopy diapers is how i will never think of cucumber melon the same way again. they ruined that smell forever for me.

i was making the same exact case to my sister, but she said what one of your other commenters said---that it makes her happy, and she loves the smell.
but her baby doesnt poop that much either!! :)
funny.