Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Biscuit


Shortly after we moved here I made some biscuits and mistakenly put in four tablespoons of baking powder instead of four teaspoons. Needless to say they were a bit on the disgusting side, so we chucked them out the back door for the birds. Well, a blue jay came and ate them up. The girls were so excited they named the bird "Biscuit" and we have been throwing bread crusts out the back door and Biscuit has been visiting us daily ever since.
Recently, a cat has adopted us as well. It is a fluffy white and brown cat that sleeps in our stroller any time I am negligent and leave it outside overnight. It follows us up our sidewalk and waits for us to invite it inside. Doesn't happen. Aside from footprints on our windshield and an occasionally hairball in the stroller, overall the cat doesn't bother us. But apparently she bothers Biscuit.
Yesterday morning I woke up to the sweet sound of Biscuit squawking relentlessly outside my window. I got up and looked outside to see the cat sitting my the back of my neighbor's car and Biscuit perched on top of our van. The cat was staring at Biscuit and Biscuit was staring back and yelling at the cat. Eventually the cat jumped down and Biscuit chased her away! It was bizzare, but I haven't seen the cat since!

No comments: