Friday, February 27, 2009

Tequila

So, my recent observations have been inspired by a radio show I was listening to in the car the other day. The radio personelle were discussing "Dog Talk". They each insisted and gave examples of their dog's "voice" and what their dog says. Then of course they opened it up to the public and people were calling in saying their dog said, "tequila" and a variety of other random comments. So then I started wondering...is this "dog voice" similar to a toddler's voice to untrained ears? It seems the mother of a toddler just learning to talk can understand their googly guck while no one else in the room has the faintest idea what they are talking about. So I started paying closer attention to exactly what my kids were saying. True, they are beyond "toddler" years and for the most part have a firm grasp on the english language, but I observed several hillarious little comments.

I heard Naomi singing, "It's raining it's BORING the old man is snoring..."
and, "Mary Mary quite contrary how does your garden grow? With silver bells and TACO SHELLS and pretty maids all in a row."

Then when I caught Emilia walking around with a thermometer in her hear, she reassured me, "I'm just checking if my ears are not WACKY." (waxy)

Emilia was reciting a little rhyme that says, "Brown sugar, applesauce, spices, flour...." and instead she was saying, "Brown sugar, applesauce, five-six, flour."

She was also singing, "Put my finger sticks together for more, more, more" rather than finger tips.

So I suppose, after much thought, I will accept that people think their dogs can say "tequilla".

No comments: